After weeks of chopping and changing the footage from our sherlock script project, i can finally say i am happy with finished result. Our production involved multiple trips to the location, as when got the footage back and did some rough cuts the story was missing some major plot points, after finally getting the footage and the shots we needed i started creating my edit. quickly i started to realise that there were a lot of errors in the footage that caused some problems with editing, for example on our first trip to the location to film our Z1 was set up on standard definition recording, and on the second trip it was set to high definition so on some of the shots there is different colours, to me its really noticeable but to others I’m not so sure.
Another problem i noticed with footage was that on the shot of the magnifying glass inspecting the wound, you can see the camera and the boom in the reflection, i have tried couple of different techniques to try to hide the reflection but none turned out how i would of liked, there is nothing i can do now this is just something to remember for next time.
Editing the sound for the production was a tedious task to say the least, the scene where sherlock is tuning the radio took a lot of time perfect, the timing had to be right on each transition to the next station. but I’m happy with the end result, i feel i made the radio seem realistic and echo to the right amount for the room. The quick cuts as Sherlock is leaving the house turned out just as i wanted, this was intended to build tension for the big reveal of the character with flashes of his outfit being revealed in the quick cuts, but never the whole package.
I decided to add some of the bloopers whilst making the movie at the end as we had a great time shooting this and it just shows that we had such fun with some of the shots and how they went wrong. The finished edit is at the bottom if you would be so kind as to take a look.