This was my first ever paid photoshoot, after doing various pictures of my own car and others. My old driving instructor got in touch and told me he loves my work and really wants some pictures taking of his new learners car, and he would be willing to pay. I asked around for prices and what I should be charging a lot of people worked on the basis of £50 a day so I went with that.
Before the shoot, I planned the location of Warwick as this is where he is based and takes his learners for lessons. Warwick has a lot heritage and some lovely cobbled streets for some great shots. I had all my kit prepared and a nice 24-105 lens of a 5D all ready to go, I reformatted my memory card on the camera to get as much room as possible.
So i met up with my old driving instructor and did the shoot of his car in various locations in the city centre of Warwick and got some cracking shots. Came back to edit them and ohhh…..
When i got back to start editing the pictures on my Mac some where there, but a lot of the files were corrupt and couldn’t open. It seems as though part of the memory card formatted and some didn’t, therefor the photos started again in numerical order but when it got to the same ones from previous shoots the camera didn’t know what to do.
After i realised I had to ring my client apologise profoundly and offer another free shoot, I couldn’t believe this had happen and i felt really bad. He was really nice about it but its a lesson learnt to format and have memory cards ready to go before hand.
Final pictures are below.